Microblading is a form of permanent makeup where pigment is placed superficially the skin of the eyebrow using a hand held device. Microblading is called many different names like embroidery, microstrokes, feather touch, and hair strokes.
When discussing the Microblading procedure there are a number of factors to consider and take into account:
- Microblading is tailored to each person’s needs and wants in order to obtain their desired look, shape, and color of brows.
- Following your first Microblading session, you will notice a 30-50% fading of the color in the first month. Don't worry this is part of the Microblading process! At 6 weeks, a touch up treatment is performed. After that, touch ups are recommended every 1-2 years depending on your skin type.
- Everyone's skin is unique and will absorb pigment differently. Ultimately, the color WILL fade over time. How long your coloring lasts will vary anywhere from 1 to 2 years, some times longer.
Who is NOT a good candidate for Microblading?
- Pregnant, nursing, or trying to get pregnant
- Those with cardiac conditions, pacemakers, or defibrillators
- Those taking blood thinners
- Platelet / Bleeding Disorders
- Those who have taken Accutane within the last year.
- Those with Autoimmune Disorders
- Those with Thyroid Conditions
- Those who form keloid scars
- Those with scarring or injury to the brow
- Those who have had shingles on or near the face
- Those with eczema, psoriasis, or dermatitis in or around the brow area
Preparation for Microblading at Comella Health:
Preparing your skin prior to your Microblading appointment is extremely important and can significantly impact how the pigment fades. We recommend booking a consultation prior to your appointment to go over all of your questions and concerns about the treatment. When booking your appointment please keep the following in mind.
- NO suntanning for 4 weeks prior to appt.
- NO retinol products for 4 weeks prior to appt.
- NO Botox for 3 weeks prior to appt.
- NO facials / chemical peels for 2 weeks prior to appt.
- NO picking/tweezing/waxing of brows for 1 week prior to appt.
- NO alcohol consumption for 24-48 hrs prior to appt.
- NO fish oils, garlic, Vitamin E, Zinc, Green tea, Ginseng or Ginkgo biloba for 24 hours prior to appt.
- NO exercise on the day of appt.