What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is an advanced manual exfoliation procedure. It uses a sterile surgical blade to gently exfoliate the surface of the skin to remove excess dead skin and peach fuzz. The treatment is simple yet effective, takes around 45 minutes to complete, and does not require any downtime.
How it Works
- Derma planing is usually performed every three to four weeks.
- In general, most patients will not suffer from any unwanted side effects. The treatment itself is performed quickly and does not cause any pain.
- There is no need to worry about the hair on your face getting any darker or thicker.
- Since dermaplaning only targets the vellus hair (peach fuzz) the hair will grow back the same size and color. It is physiologically impossible for the hair to grow back thicker and dark, so no need to panic and worry.
- Appropriate in-office treatments, along with a proper at-home regimen, will lead to visible improvement in fine lines, wrinkles, and other signs of premature aging.
This procedure should not be done at home. Leave it to the professionals at Comella to ensure a safe and effective treatment.