What is Microblading?
Microblading is a form of permanent makeup where pigment is placed superficially on the skin of the eyebrow using a hand held device. Microblading is known many different names like embroidery, microstrokes, feather touch, and hair strokes.
What to Expect After Treatment
- Microblading is tailored to each person’s needs and wants in order to obtain their desired look, shape, and color of brows.
- Following your first Microblading session, you will notice a 30-50% fading of the color in the first month. Don’t worry this is part of the Microblading process! At 6 weeks, a touch up treatment is performed. After that, touch ups are recommended every 1-2 years depending on your skin type.
- Everyone’s skin is unique and will absorb pigment differently. Ultimately, the color will fade over time. How long your coloring lasts will vary anywhere from 1 to 2 years, some times longer.
- Topical anesthetic is used to maximize comfort during the procedure. Every person has different pain tolerance. Receiving the procedure during your menstrual cycle usually increase your sensitivity and makes it more uncomfortable.
How to Prepare for Microblading
Preparing your skin prior to your Microblading appointment is extremely important and can significantly impact how the pigment fades. We recommend booking a consultation prior to making an appointment to go over all of your questions and concerns about the treatment.
When booking your appointment please keep the following in mind:
- NO suntanning for 4 weeks prior to appointment
- NO retinol products for 4 weeks prior to appointment
- NO Botox for 3 weeks prior to appointment
- NO facials / chemical peels for 2 weeks prior to appointment
- NO picking/tweezing/waxing of brows for 1 week prior to appointment
- NO alcohol consumption for 24-48 hrs prior to appointment
- NO fish oils, garlic, Vitamin E, Zinc, Green tea, Ginseng or Ginkgo biloba for 24 hours prior to appointment
- NO exercise on the day of appointment