Combining platelet-rich plasma (PRP) with micro needling allows us to take this treatment one step further. PRP is an advanced technique which utilizes the body’s own blood cells to actually boost the production of collagen, thus enhancing efficacy and the overall success of the treatment. Microneedling with PRP can significantly reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, improve skin tone, and help with the treatment of acne scars, surgical scars, and even stretch marks.
How the Treatment Works
- A thorough consult is performed that allows us to get to know you, your skin care history, and your ultimate goal that you are looking to achieve.
- We then draw a small amount of your own blood from your arm which is placed into a machine that separates out the platelet-rich plasma, or PRP, which will be used during your treatment.
- After applying PRP topically to the treatment area, we use the SkinPen to create micro-channels in the skin. There is no tissue destruction with this methodology. The small channels in the skin close very quickly and the healing response is almost immediate. The MicroPen allows us to control the depth of the treatment which is partially dependent on the depth of the skin defect we are treating.
- Each treatment can last anywhere from 60-90 minutes and the treatment can be performed on all areas of the body including face, neck, decollete, arms, hands, legs, abdomen, and back.
- You will most likely appear as though you have a sunburn immediately following the treatment. This can last anywhere from a day to several days depending on the depth of the treatment.
- Visible results develop over the course of several weeks with improvements up to 6 months post-treatment as new collagen production continues.
- Exercise and other physical activities may be resumed the 48-72 hours after the treatment.
- Some patients may see their desired result after one treatment, however, most of the time a series of 3-4 treatments is best to achieve an optimal result.
- As with everything, specific treatment programs and recommendations depend on your ultimate goal.
Remember, skin care is a journey. Very rarely does one single treatment modality lead to the ultimate outcome. Instead, it’s about finding an aesthetic team that understands your goals and can provide you with a well-rounded treatment program that fits you and your needs. Allow us the privilege of being a part of your skin care journey.